CrowdFarming® is the marketplace that offers a fairer and more sustainable alternative for buying organic food, through direct sales between agricultural producers and end consumers. We started our activity at the end of 2017 and we continue to revolutionise the way our consumers shop 🌳.
Our team is growing, and we are looking for a Packaging Technician to join the I+D Packaging Team in our Operations department. Your primary mission is to innovate, revolucionare, develop and implement the best packaging solutions across our verticals products without compromising quality, cost and sustainability.
🎯 Your responsibilities
- Source from packaging suppliers and negotiate the most favourable agreements for all existing and incoming CrowdFarming packaging solutions.
- Work side by side with the Farmer Hunter team to comply with CrowdFarming's best packaging practices and minimize packaging incidents.
- Provide packaging specifications to suppliers and work with them to ensure alignment with CrowdFarming's R&D design.
- Search for new suppliers and select preferred suppliers following predetermined criteria.
- Implement CrowdFarming's R&D packaging solutions.
- Participate actively in the company's sustainability goals and internal stakeholders (R&D, MKT, Q&E, etc.)
- Establish clear KPIs to measure the incidences caused by packaging within CrowdFarming's logistics operations.
- Conduct regular quality audits to ensure a high quality packaging.
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify possible quality risks.
- Follow practices and improve processes to ensure quality metrics and KPIs.
- Conduct tests, write reports and share what changes should be made to improve quality.
✍ Your profile
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science or related discipline.
- Experience working or managing large cardboard companies.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in food packaging and procurement (experience with perishable foodstuffs, fruits & vegetables, is a plus).
- Knowledge of the market, prices and trends.
- Packaging Project experience from the design.
- Prior experience in roles related to quality control in the food industry.
- Fluency in English and Spanish (speaking other languages is a plus).
- The job will take place at European level and will require traveling (about 30% of your time).
- You possess organizational and analytical skills.
- You are autonomous and resolute in order to be able to carry out all projects
- Strong communication and negotiation skills are essential.
✅ What do we offer
- A full-time job.
- Competitive salary plus a bonus and tailored benefits thanks to our flexible compensation plan.
- A highly motivated international team in a fast-growing start-up.
- An open corporate culture in which your ideas are welcome and eagerly awaited.
- Private Health Insurance, supported partially from CrowdFarming.
- €250 yearly support in any training you want to do.
- Smart Working: Flexibility to work from home and office.
- Seasonal fruits and vegetables which are freshly harvested and sent with love right to our doorstep by our Farmers! 🍏
So, in a nutshell, this is CrowdFarming: We are a team of +150 people from over 17 nationalities. Working to implement a real change by scaling up the most sustainable and transparent food supply chain in Europe. If you are starving for purpose and meaning, you should join the agri-social revolution.